Howard E. Jarvis Presents at ACLs 4th Chemical Products Liability Forum, Chicago, IL
The ACLs 4th Chemical Products Liability & Environmental Litigation Forum is to be held in Chicago, IL, Tuesday, April 30 to Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at the Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel.
Leading in-house litigation counsel, outside litigators, and preeminent jurists will provide highly specialized, practical information on topics ranging from the latest development in causation and dose, using medical-based defenses and working with experts to defeat theories of causation, preventing the application of another state's law, and more.
Howard E. Jarvis
Woolf, McClane, Bright, Allen & Carpenter, PLLC (Knoxville, TN)
Eugene J. Brown, Jr.
Sedgwick LLP (San Francisco, CA)
(formerly of Brown Eassa McLeod LLP)
on Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Effectively Using Experts to Defeat Causation Theories:
A Case Study of N.O.R.M. Cases in Louisiana
Topics to be discussed include:
- Anatomy of a defense: outlining the defense strategy for a N.O.R.M. case
- Selecting causation issues for a jury to hear
- Boosting your defense by considering the plaintiffs’ point of view
- Identifying types of experts who are more useful than others
- Creating medical-based defenses
- Using IARC to your advantage
- Working with medical toxicologists and epidemiologists
- Understanding how to handle plaintiffs who are members of an aging population of workers
- Making sure you are using experts correctly
- Applying this type of defense in other exposure cases (toluene, diesel exhaust)
For details and the complete agenda visit americanconference.com/chemproducts.